Wednesday, September 10, 2014

WIP Wednesday 9/10/14

My current project that I started this week is a beautiful pink flower. I picked this pattern specifically to work on two things; gridding and parking. 

flower cross stitch wip

This pattern has a lot of color changes. Even though it only uses about 8 different colors, each color is only used in a small spot before it changes to another. When I saw all the color changes I knew this would be a great time to try parking. If you have never heard of it before you can easily find some tutorials. It is a little confusing to explain, and I may do an in depth post about it later, but if you are doing a pattern with lots of color changes and not too many jumps of white spaces parking may be a good idea. (Especially when it comes to Heaven and Earth Designs). 

wip cross stitch flower

Since I already had plans on parking, I took this as a chance to practice gridding. I have done gridding before, but I used a water soluble marker and ended up hating it because if I made a mistake it could not be adjusted easily. 
My dad is an avid fishermen, so when I asked if he had some 6lb red line, he went and pulled out a spool right away and let me have the whole thing. Some people grid with sewing thread, but you have to be extra careful, because if you pierce the thread it will be a pain to remove later. Fishing line cannot be pierced (well not unless you are trying really hard), and can either be removed as you work, or gently pulled out once you finish. 

wip cross stitch flower

This piece is good for me because it allowed me to try two new things, while still making a beautiful flower. It is coming along nicely, and I cannot wait to see it finished. 



Join me on Social Media



No comments:

Post a Comment