Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Finished Cross Stitch - Dahlia Flower

In my previous WIP posts I featured a floral cross stitch I was working on. Well now it is finished and I am pretty proud of it! I have completed several projects before, but this is the first more difficult piece I have finished. The pattern had a lot of color changes that were close together, so I had to take extra care to check and double check my pattern. Gridding my piece beforehand and working one 10 x 10 square at a time helped a lot.
 
cross stitch dahlia flower from the world of cross stitching

For the time being I have washed, ironed, and stored this finished project away. Once I have some spare cash I will look into getting a nice frame for it. I think my dad wants to display it at the gallery he works at, but I probably won't let it stay there for more than a month. I really love this and would like to hang it in our living room.
 
cross stitch dahlia flower from the world of cross stitching
 
I have already selected another pattern to work on. Keep an eye out tomorrow for my WIP Wednesday post!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment