Monday, September 1, 2014

New Cross Stitch Brooch Pins

Over my summer break I picked up a new craft, cross stitching. When I was on vacation I stopped at a book store and when looking through the crafting magazines I found one for cross stitching. The patterns pictured on the front were so cute, I couldn't resist wanting to buy them. Before then I don't even think I have heard of cross stitch. My mother, who has done embroidery since she was a child, told me it was not that hard, but it takes a lot of patience. 
I quickly caught on, and now with a few months of practice I have started making pins to sell in my Etsy shop.

These pins are stitched on white plastic canvas, then a white felt backing is added to help protect the back of the stitches, and it also gives an area for the pin to attach to.

Here are some close ups of each pin.



I have some fall themed patterns that I plan on trying soon. When I list them in my shop, I will be sure to share them here. All pins can be bought from my Etsy shop, Sammy's Jewels

Like Sammy's Jewels on Facebook and follow my Tumblr blog to keep up with new items and sales!


No comments:

Post a Comment